If you are looking to join the OC Riptide, please browse some of the jobs we offer either in-season or during the off-season. As of right now, our jobs are all on a volunteer basis but you will be helping out a 501(c)(3) organization and helping student-athletes work towards their dream of one day playing professional baseball.
Host Family Coordinator
The Orange County Riptide Summer Collegiate Baseball Club is seeking a dynamic Host Family Coordinator. The main objective is to recruit host families in the Central Orange County area, arrange host families for incoming college baseball players and remain in contact as a liaison between families and the team during student-athlete stays in Orange County. The ideal candidate will support both the players and families throughout their stay during the months of June, July and early August. The baseball players are between ages 19-23 and hail from different colleges and universities across the United States. We estimate the number of ballplayers requiring a home stay to be 24-26.
The Host Family Coordinator organizes player accommodations, recruits and manages host families, and in consultation with the General Manager, places players with appropriate host families. This is a temporary position, from March 2021 through August 2021 with the opportunity to join the Orange County Riptide Board of Directors.
• Conducting outreach for host families via events, visits (churches, civic groups, youth baseball leagues etc.), local media, mailings, and telephone calls to fill placement needs.
• Maintaining and fostering the growth of the host family network on a year round basis.
• Conducts home visits and orientations for new families.
• Monitors host family experience and solicits feedback from families at conclusion of the season
• Handles host family emergencies as needed
• Special recognition during “Host Family Appreciation” promotional Night during the season
Interested in one of our jobs? Use the form below to contact us: